Currently Reading:

Currently Reading: Finished This Semester:
Mockingjay- Suzanne Collins Frankenstein- Mary Shelley
The Picture of Dorian Gray- Oscar Wilde The Hunger Games- Suzanne Collins
Catching Fire- Suzanne Collins
World War Z- Max Brooks

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Reading Log 3/11 - 3/17

So I've been reading the Hunger Games trilogy, and I can't put these books down! One of my goals is to beat my girlfriend in finishing the series. She started about a half a week ahead of me, so I've had some catching up to do. So far, I've finished the first book, and gotten half way through the second. This means I've read over 500 pages this week, plus about 20-30 pages from Dorian Gray. I think I've done well with my goals. I don't really have a specific number of pages that I'd like to read each week, but just to try and read more than I usually do, which has gone well. I've noticed that I like books with outdoor hunting/gathering stuff in them, because I really like Hatchet by Gary Paulsen, and it's similar to the Hunger Games in a way. I think the Hunger Games has a good balance of drama and action which attracts a wide range of readers.
Goals:
1) Finish The Hunger Games first
2) Read more than I'm comfortable with
3) Finish a book every week (if it's short enough)

This Week: 525
This Quarter: 525

No comments:

Post a Comment